Saturday, March 5, 2011

Winning?


Charlie, Charlie, Charlie…

Unless you’ve been living under a rock the last few days, you’ve heard about Charlie Sheen and his recent tailspin/trainwreck. I spent about 20 minutes today, on the TV watching Charlie make a fool of himself in a self deluded perhaps sober/perhaps not state. On top of that, I’ve been trolling #winning and #tigerblood on Twitter on my iPhone all day as well. Why am I doing this? Same reason as the rest of us are, it’s entertaining, it’s funny.

My wife, on the other hand, can’t do it. It’s too sad she says.
She can’t watch someone destroy themselves like that.
She can’t watch their kids get taken away. (Though she agrees that that was for the best.)
She can’t watch someone tear their own life apart while she sits on the sidelines.
She can’t be part of the mob.

Charlie Sheen is sick. His father knows it, the internet knows it, the Church knows it.
Where is the church by the way? Where are we? Where am I? I’m on the sidelines looking in, I’m part of the mob, I’m laughing, I’m being entertained.

I am the world.

What would happen if the Spirit of God came down and did something miraculous in Charlie’s life? What if next week, we could call him a brother? How much would God be Glorified then?

There’s time, let’s do this this weekend. Let’s be the Church, love people, see a life changed.

Now that would really be winning.

Let’s add a new hashtag to the Twitterverse

For His Glory

#prayforcharlie

1 comment: