Monday, December 12, 2011

Part 5 of 14: Ask the Outpost

 

Part 5

As many of you know, I am now the new pastor at Eganville Baptist Church.Thanks so much to all of you who prayed, it was very appreciated. During the candidate process, they had me up to do a Q&A session on various theological topics. I've decided to post these here in order to foster fellowship/conversation etc...


Some answers may be edited from the original.

 
Hell/Hades are they the same place?  Is there a place we go to "wait" after death for the judgement?

      Hell and Hades are actually the same word. Hades is actually a Greek word that is occasionally, translated as Hell, and occasionally simply left as Hades. There are two other words that are rendered as Hell in the New Testament, Gehenna, which literally means “the grave” and Tartaroo which is translated as “cast into hell”. As for whether or not there is an “intermediate state” there is, again a lot of good, scholarly, evidence on both sides, for me, personally, I don't think that it has very much impact on our mission as believers in this world, so I don't spend too much time on it, it's very similar to my view on eschatology in that I believe that if you die as a believer, you spend eternity with God, if not, you dont...

-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment